According to the University of Utah Health, 1 in 6 people in the U.S. suffer with a traumatic brain injury (also known as TBI) related disability. There are detrimental long-term effects as a result of a TBI that may even result in death, depending on where the trauma took place in the brain. In some cases, the nerve damage may be irreparable. This may result in facial paralysis or permanent loss in muscle movement anywhere in the body, loss of emotion, loss of senses, etc. TBI happens when the brain is so severely injured due to an extreme force.
Long Term Effects of TBI:
- Memory loss
- Mood swings
- Language skills reduction
- Headaches/ Migraines
- Loss of muscle control
- Loss of hearing
- Loss of concentration
- Death in severe cases
- Common Causes of TBI:
- Fire-arm related injury
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Sports accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Steps to take after TBI:
- Apply pressure to any open wounds to stop any bleeding that may occur
- Check for any common symptoms of TBI such as memory loss, dizziness, loss of coordination, inability to concentrate, etc.
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Recovery Process of TBI:
- Avoid any physically demanding activities that may worsen the injury and slow down recovery process
- Avoid contact sports that could lead to another severe concussion
- Get plenty of rest during the day and night
- Avoid excessive use of computers and games during recovery
- Avoid alcoholic beverages until your health care professional advises you that you are well enough, as alcohol may slow down the process of recovery
- Avoid flying on airplanes as symptoms may worsen
- Talk with your health care professional about when it would be safe for you to return back to work, safely drive a car, and do other basic everyday activities
- Compensation That You Can Receive for a Traumatic Brain Injury
- Physical therapy
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Emotion and psychological distress
If you or someone you love has experienced a traumatic brain injury, it is substantial that you contact attorney Ramona Kennedy today to receive compensation for your suffering. We understand how difficult the healing process can be after such a traumatic injury, so it is our job to provide you with the proper help and guidance that you may need in receiving compensation.
If you have suffered any of the listed injuries, you must seek medical attention as soon as possible. Minor damage can ultimately lead to major damage and costly medical bills, physical and emotional damage, and fatalities in certain cases. Medical bills are costly, and we will be able to help you receive compensation for the damage that you have suffered. We are passionate about what we do and strive to provide compassionate service to our clients who need legal assistance.
Attorney Ramona Kennedy cares about your case and will fight for you.
For your accident cases, contact attorney Ramona Kennedy via phone or WhatsApp at +(949)-677-0063 or email: [email protected] Remember, no win, no fee, and no upfront fee.